Friday, May 15, 2009

Veni. Vidi. Vici.

Ladies and Gentlemen, as of 8:30 this morning it is official: I have completed and passed all necessary work to recieve a Master of Education Degree in Curriculum and Instruction (Technology).

Thank you. Thank you. There will be refreshments in the lobby.

I will not attempt to describe the tribulation this program has caused over the past two years for an active, outdoorsy person such as myself, nor the havoc it has wrought upon my bowhunting, rock-climbing, back-packing, and thowing-sticks-for-the-dog careers. It is too horrifying to put into words.

But no matter. It is over. Done. I never have to do this again.

The following video perfectly captures my feelings concerning this triumph over the nefarious forces of Acadamia: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGa70tVYVKo

The world is shiney and new again. Real life awaits. Bring on the mountains. Bring on the world. Bring on the baby. I'm ready.

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

Hoooooraaaaay! Congratulations, O erudite one! You are the Master.

Warren Baldwin said...

Tom -
Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. I didn't realize you had one! Where is your "following" gadget?

I also didn't realize you were this much into the outdoors. We always talked about other stuff (and it was good, too!).

Congrats on the masters. I know the feeling of satisfaction.

Take care and visit again.
wb

Tom said...

lindsey: Woohoo! I am loving all my computer-free time! The Master, huh? Can't wait to get my own show. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qV5sUH259bA

Warren: Following Gadget added!