Monday, September 22, 2008

Making the Scene

Morning!

The Woods Tea Company, from Vermont, is my favorite folk band, pulling off sea chanties, Irish tunes, and random goofiness with equal panache. They have had a rough couple years with the loss of two of their band mates, but they continue to make great music.

Several years ago, I learned the Robin Hood song from one of their CD's. It has been a perennial favorite of my kids at South.

So, the other day I was goofing around trying to learn to use some new recording software, and recorded my first graders' warm-up song. It was good for a chuckle. So I emailed it to Howard, the band leader, thinking they might get a kick out of it.

It appears that they did:

http://woodstea.net/Blog/Entries/2008/9/18_Robin_Hood.html

2 comments:

Mark said...

That's a great recording, Tom!!
M

Karly said...

I listened to this before, but didn't leave a comment, so I will now: I love it!!!

(Apparently, last time I looked at your blog, I hit something that said "see older posts" instead of just going through your archives.

It's all read now:-)